Pin & T-Shirt DIsign Contest
Students for a Creative Iowa (cre8iowa) invites anyone affiliated with cre8iowa to submit pin and T-shirt design entries to the state Board. By “affiliated,” we mean student participants, Appraisers, alumni volunteers, Team Managers, parents and other volunteers. Please note that the Board may give preferential consideration to designs submitted by student participants and alumni volunteers. The contest is being held during the current season and voting for the winning DIsign will take place at the State Tournament!
Start playing with your designs NOW! Fresh, unique themes are desired. Please avoid themes that have been done previously, such as those that deal with rural Iowa. A few tips to keep in mind: A design with simple lines rather than complex ones is easier for the manufacturer to reproduce. Keep in mind that bright, clear colors with good contrast capture everyone’s attention. Colored pen, marker or digital designs are more eye-catching than pencil designs.
Design entries must be received by Monday, April 4, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
One Team Manager from every team will be provided with ballot tickets during check-in at the State tournament. One ticket equals one vote . Ballot results will be considered when Students for a Creative Iowa selects the winner. Please note that cost, ease of reproduction, and other factors may be included as part of the Board decision.
The winning DIsign will become next season’s t-shirt and pin design. The T-shirts with this design are worn proudly by all Iowa teams at Global Finals during Opening Ceremonies, and the pins were traded with teams from around the world.
- Open to anyone affiliated with Students for a Creative Iowa during the 2014-15 or 2015-16 season (students, Appraisers, alumni volunteers, Team Managers, parents and other volunteers)
- Each individual or team may submit up to TWO DIsigns, so choose your two most most creative ideas.
- Keep in mind that only ONE pin is being manufactured, not a set. Although the same DIsign is generally selected for both pin and T-shirt, the Students for a Creative Iowa Board reserves the right to select one DIsign for the pin and a different one for the T-shirt. The Board also reserves the right to modify the DIsign as needed.
- Your DIsign(s) must be original.
- Each entry must include “2016,” “cre8iowa” (lowercase letters), and Destination Imagination® OR the box and ball logo in the DIsign. Designs submitted without these elements will be modified by Students for a Creative Iowa to include them during the manufacturing process.
- Your entry may be created digitally in color, with colored ink, or with colored markers. Pencil designs are discouraged.
- Your entry must arrive by the deadline so that it is available for the Board to consider.
- Your entry must be submitted through the online form
- The winner(s) will receive a free T-shirt and pin including the DIsign(s).
How winner(s) will be selected:
- Entries received by the deadline will be displayed at the State tournament, where voting will take place.
- One Team Manager from each team will receive ballot tickets during check-in at the State tournament.
- Final selection of winning DIsign(s) from among the top vote receivers will be made by Students for a Creative Iowa. Students for a Creative Iowa may select separate DIsigns for T-Shirts and pins or may select a single DIsign for both.
- DIsign(s) may be modified by Students for a Creative Iowa to fit printing and/or stamping requirements.
How to submit:
Fill out entry form and upload an image of your design: DIsign Entry Form
*All submissions become the property of Students for a Creative Iowa. As a condition for participating in the contest, participants irrevocably assign and transfer all rights, title and interest in and to their submissions, including but not limited to copyrights and all other proprietary rights, to Students for a Creative Iowa. By participating in the contest, participants further agree that additional written authorization, assignment or other documentation requested by Students for a Creative Iowa in connection with the transfer and assignment of rights to their submissions may be required as a condition of entry and agree to execute any such documents at the request of Students for a Creative Iowa. Students for a Creative Iowa obtains the right, without limitation, to use, edit, and publish, in whole or in part, any and all submissions in any media whatsoever, without time or geographical restrictions, without providing any additional compensation or consideration to participants.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.