Pin & T-Shirt DIsign Contest
In preparation for the 2013-14 season, Students for a Creative Iowa invites anyone affiliated with Students for a Creative Iowa to submit pin and T-shirt design entries to the state Board. By “affiliated,” we mean student participants, Appraisers, alumni volunteers, Team Managers, parents and other volunteers. Please note that the Board may give preferential consideration to designs submitted by student participants and alumni volunteers. Because the manufacturers with whom we work require a lengthy lead time, this contest is beginning early. You will have plenty of time to submit your designs, however, because the contest begins March 9, 2013 and closes July 31, 2013. Start playing with your designs NOW! Fresh themes are always welcome. Tips: A design with simple lines rather than complex ones is easier for the manufacturer to reproduce. Keep in mind that bright, clear colors with good contrast capture everyone’s attention.
Design entries must be received by Wednesday, July 31, 2013. Late entries will not be accepted. Students will be asked to vote at this Web site for their favorite DIsigns, and ballot results will be considered when Students for a Creative Iowa selects the winner. Watch for a poll on this Web site! Please note that cost, ease of reproduction and other factors may be included as part of the Board decision.
A big thank you goes to this year’s contest winners, Avery Travis of Maharishi School in Fairfield, and the 2012 members of the Kuemper Catholic team from Carroll named Deafened by the Sneeze: Kylie Anderson, Brittany York, Troy Schulte, Kelly Schuler, Michael Lux, Katelyn Hoffman and Clare Kiboko. These students developed the 2013 pin and shirt design. The T-shirts with this design will be worn proudly by all Iowa teams at Global Finals during Opening Ceremonies, and the pins will be traded with teams from around the world.
- Open to anyone affiliated with Students for a Creative Iowa during the 2012-13 season (students, Appraisers, alumni volunteers, Team Managers, parents and other volunteers)
- Each individual or team may submit as many DIsigns as desired. However, keep in mind that only ONE pin is being manufactured, not a set. Although the same DIsign is generally selected for both pin and T-shirt, the Students for a Creative Iowa Board reserves the right to select one DIsign for the pin and a different one for the T-shirt. The Board also reserves the right to modify the DIsign as needed.
- Your DIsign(s) must be original.
- Each entry must include “2014,” “cre8iowa” (lowercase letters) and Destination Imagination® in the DIsign. Designs submitted without these elements will be modified by Students for a Creative Iowa to include them during the manufacturing process.
- Your entry may be created digitally, with colored pencils, or with markers.
- Your entry must arrive by Wednesday, July 31, 2013 so that it is available for the Board to consider.
- The winner(s) will receive a free T-shirt and pin including the DIsign(s).
How winner(s) will be selected:
- Entries will be posted online at the cre8iowa Web site for you to view.
- cre8iowa students and volunteers will be able to vote for their first choice through a poll that will be posted on the home page of this blog.
- Final selection of winning DIsign(s) from among the top vote receivers will be made by Students for a Creative Iowa. Students for a Creative Iowa may select separate DIsigns for T-Shirts and pins or may select a single DIsign for both.
- DIsign(s) may be modified by Students for a Creative Iowa to fit printing and/or stamping requirements.
How to submit:
By email: Your DIsign size must be submitted as a JPEG, BMP or TIFF file, or be embedded in a Microsoft Word or PowerPoint file. Include the information listed below in the body of your message, attach your DIsign(s) and e-mail it to: email@example.com
By mail: If you are unable to submit a digital DIsign, you may mail it instead to Judy Nolan. However, your entry must arrive by the deadline! Supply the information listed below, and mail it with your DIsign(s) to: Judy Nolan, 3825 92nd Drive, Urbandale, IA 50322-2187.
- School or Group (if applicable):
- Street Address + City + Zip Code:
- Phone Number:
- Team Name:
- Team Manager:
- Team Manager’s E-Mail:
- Team Manager’s Phone:
- Team Manager’s Street Address + City + Zip Code:
- Team Member Names + Ages + Grade:
*All submissions become the property of Students for a Creative Iowa. As a condition for participating in the contest, participants irrevocably assign and transfer all rights, title and interest in and to their submissions, including but not limited to copyrights and all other proprietary rights, to Students for a Creative Iowa. By participating in the contest, participants further agree that additional written authorization, assignment or other documentation requested by Students for a Creative Iowa in connection with the transfer and assignment of rights to their submissions may be required as a condition of entry and agree to execute any such documents at the request of Students for a Creative Iowa. Students for a Creative Iowa obtains the right, without limitation, to use, edit, and publish, in whole or in part, any and all submissions in any media whatsoever, without time or geographical restrictions, without providing any additional compensation or consideration to participants.
Questions? Contact Judy Nolan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Us Your Skills Video Contest
Destination Imagination® has announced the 2013 video contest. Submit a video showing off your unique skills for a chance to win a trip to Global Finals 2013 for you and your team.
For more information, see the brief description below, check out the 2013 DI Video Contest rules, or visit the Show Us Your Skills contest announcement. Deadline: April 15, 2013 (midnight Eastern Standard Time)Great teams are made up of individuals that recognize their own unique talents. Every Destination Imagination team member has a special skill set that enables his/her team to solve complex and open-ended challenges. We want to see your unique talents! Can you build a rocket out of toothpicks or cardboard boxes; paint a portrait of Abraham Lincoln while jumping rope or draw an amazing landscape; write an epic story or a joke that makes us laugh; sing, dance or choreograph an original piece of music; weld, sculpt or engineer a technical masterpiece? The possibilities are endless. What makes you unique? Be creative and show us your skills!