Welcome to another great start of the Destination Imagination program season, which means that over the next few weeks our Web site will be updated with current information. If you missed some of our news over the summer, visit the following posts:
- DI receives NASA downlink to International Space Station. Make sure you watch the video!
- cre8iowa on IPR. Retired Affiliate Director Jay Swords and Team Manager Brett Monnard from Davenport are interviewed by “Talk of Iowa,” a program on Iowa Public Radio, about Fostering Creativity in Iowa. In this creative segment, Jonah Lehrer, the author of the new book, Imagine: How Creativity Works, first expounds on creativity, then Jay and Brett speak about the DI program and its benefit for Iowa students.
- Cre8iowa Exectutive Report 2011-12. NOW POSTED. Retired Affiliate Director Jay Swords provides an overview of the 2011-12 season.
- 2012 Global Finals results. In the photos and video below, you’ll see highlights of some of the Iowa teams’ Globals Finals journey.
Meanwhile, are your teams ready to learn about the creative process, from imagination to innovation? On September 1, six new competitive Challenges and one new Early Learning Challenge (Rising Stars!®) were released. Click HERE to see the Challenge previews.
To Start a Team, follow these 5 easy steps:
1. Buy a 1-Team Pack, 5-Team Pack, 30-Team Pack or Early Learners Team. You can use a credit card, purchase order, or mail in your order. Visit DI’s shopping portal at http://www.ShopDI.org.
2. Download your program materials or wait for DI to ship your materials to you. All program materials are located in the Resource Area of the Destination Imagination site, located at http://www.destinationimagination.org. (The Web site has been redesigned, so look for Resource Area on the far right side of the navigation bar at the top of the home page.)
3. Subscribe to the Iowa mailing list by entering your e-mail address in the upper right side bar. By doing so, you will receive e-mail support every time a blog post is released.
4. Recruit your team: 1 Team Manager, 2-7 students for competitive teams or 5-10 students for Rising Stars!® teams, 1 adult Appraiser for competitive teams or 1 adult volunteer for Rising Stars!® teams. Download Recruiting Kit materials at http://www.cre8iowa.org/start-a-team/ so that you can hold an information meeting with parents and students. (Note: This part of the Web site is being updated over the next couple of weeks, so you may still see information that refers to last season.)
5. Purchase an Iowa membership registration when it becomes available: http://www.cre8iowa.org/current-season/iowa-membership-registration/
As always, if you have questions or concerns, please e-mail Judy Nolan, Co-Affiliate Training Director, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.